Memorize:

"But My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:19 (KJV)

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Of Things Dead

I had the opportunity last night to go to the Bellevue Square bus terminal to ask people some questions.

Ephesians 2:1: "For they are dead in their trespasses and sins."


"How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices." Proverbs 1:22-31

Man1: "Yes, I'm going to heaven. I'm a good person. Yes, I've lied, but, I've asked forgiveness, so it's all ok. But, I don't really hold with all that religious stuff."

I approached the next guy by myself. From a distance, you could see they were goofing off. I'm afraid I indulged in the thought, "hey, sometimes goofy people are easier to talk to..." There were two of them standing together.

Me: Have you ever thought about what happens when you die?
Man1: You dead, man.
Man 2: I already done been asked that. I don't believe in that stuff. I went to college and took an OT class. I even got a Bible verse right here on my arm. It says King James eyes of blue and hair of bronze. I got it right here. You say the Bible's God's word? What'd he do, take a pen out and write it hiself? Oh, no, it was written by a bunch of human beans. Humans don't have the authority to utter God's word.

~~~~~
Woman1: No, I don't plan to die. I have no plans to die anytime soon. 
~~~~~

Man 1: I don't care.
~~~~~

Man1: I hate God and all that He stands for. He has hurt me too much. Yes, I know that He loves me, but I hate him. The only times I've lied are when it was necessary to save myself or someone else from harm, so it was ok.
~~~~~

After a while, I tagged along behind one of the other men who were there asking questions and listened to his expertise.

~~~~~
Man1: I don't care. Sure, I've told lies, committed adultery, blasphemed, stolen things, but, if there is a Judgment day, I'll be innocent, because all those things were for a good cause.
~~~~~

The saddest one was the one who pointed to Christian hypocrisy as his reason for not believing. He also insisted that political activists equal religious people, that he was upset because all the churches rose up together to squash the recent gay rights bill, and that he would return the next week to say more things that wouldn't be liked. He also admitted that he would be guilty if he stood before the throne, but that with age comes wisdom and then you won't be a sinner anymore.
~~~~~

As my dad says: "It's not a lost and dying world, it's a lost and dead world."

"Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest." Luke 10:2

No comments:

Post a Comment