Memorize:

"But My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:19 (KJV)

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Have I Mentioned...?

...That I love the book of Hebrews?

I saw another cool little thing in Chapter 9 this week.

"Whereupon, neither the first testament was dedicated without blood, 
"For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,
"Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you." ~(Hebrews 9:18-20)

The Old Testament verses for this is in Exodus 24:1-8.

What's cool about this, I thought, was the similarity of vs. 20 to Matthew 26: 26-28 which reads:

"While they were eating, Jesus took some bread, and broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is My body.
"And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them saying, Drink from it, all of you:

"For this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."

In the same way that the sacrifices of the Old Testament were a type of salvation from sins, the blood of Jesus is the way of salvation. And both covenants were dedicated with almost exactly the same wording. Cool? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment