Memorize:

"But My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:19 (KJV)

Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Day in the Life of: My Mother

My mother is the best. Best in the whole, wide world! I love my mom!

My mom is smart. But that doesn't really mean much when a better word like 'wise' can be used. I love how my mom is always able to see the probable effects of a decision, before the decision is made! I love how she gives us advice regarding decisions, but leaves us to make the decision ourselves. (And she's always right about the effects!)

I love how my mom utilizes the resources at hand, whether they're the conventional tools for the project or not! Like the time she raked the leaves off the lawn with a broom. Or duct taped the holey, woolly, feather-stuffed blanket. And all the other numerous times when her children cried out in pure admiration, "Wow mom, you're so clever!"

I love my mom's sense of humor, particularly when she's helping us see where we made a mistake. It's never fun to get yelled at. Mom doesn't do that. She lovely guides us to a point where we can see for ourselves that we made a mistake, and usually, she has us laughing all along the way.

I love my mom's wonderful insight into Scripture and the walk of life. Most of the time, when she points something out, I have to say, 'huh! I never saw that before!" I love how she is a living example of her insights. One of her favorite verses is Proverbs 31:26, "She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness." Truly, as it says in verse 28, "Her children arise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

(This has been: A Day in the Life of: My Mother. Look in next time to read something else!)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you!!

    I predict the effects of the decision to post this will be...hugs and kisses! Thank you, Abigail! I'm honored and very blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abigail, you've done it again. This is a very precise and accurate, albeit incomplete, description of the mother-figure.

    ReplyDelete