Memorize:

"But My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:19 (KJV)

Friday, December 9, 2011

An Analogy

I sorting through some strings of lights this week. I plugged one string in to see if it would work. One light was flickering, as if it wasn't screwed in all the way. I wiggled it a little, and as old lights are apt to do, there was a pop and the light went out. I removed it, only to discover that the socket was smoking. Furthermore, the whole string of lights had also gone out.

James 2:10 says, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

We might be a perfectly good string of lights, but if we blow up in just one little area, our whole capability for giving light will also go out.

"Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house." ~Matthew 5:15

1 comment: