Memorize:

"But My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:19 (KJV)

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Common Courtesy?

Where has it gone?

I will never forget the guy, in the singular because he's the only one who has ever done so in my experience, who stood up when I entered the room to shake his hand, and stood up when I left. Honestly, it's just a really nice gesture to a lady.

I appreciate that my Dad taught me and my brothers these rules regarding seat assignments...
        1: If the seats are all taken, and a lady enters the room, guys get up!
        2: If the seats are or are not taken, and there is a lady standing up, guys offer up your seat.
        3: If there are no seats available, and you know where you can get one, go get it for a lady.
        4: By the way, this doesn't only apply for ladies. If there is a parent or adult significantly older than yourself in the room, give 'em your seat. And ladies should also get up for older adults.

And hey, what about opening the door for someone?
      In the olden days of yore, long ago, it was typically only the gentlemen that opened the door for a lady. But, really now, it's just polite to open or hold the door for someone either carrying something, or following right behind you; whether it's a lady or not.

When I was little, Dad always had himself, or one of my brothers on the outside, closest to the road, when we walked.

And what about those other things. After all, a gentleman should be a gentleman, but a lady should also deserve to be called a lady.

If you're at someone's house and they're in the middle of a project, it's polite to offer your help, or, just pitch in without asking, just so long as you know what you're doing!

So much for today's dose of info, tips, and other miscellaneous word gadget stuff.

Signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment