Memorize:

"But My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:19 (KJV)

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Letter of Gratitude

I've no idea or clue in the remotest of the exact date or moment when I met Brenda. But I remember that from my earliest childhood she has always inspired me. She's one of those amazing people that one can't help wanting to please. I'm terribly afraid that in my younger days I may have idolized her a little. I know I still have a stuffed animal somewhere that bears her name. But, what I love about her the most is her never-ceasing cheerfulness and thoughtfulness of others. She's still one of my favorite people.

Dear Brenda,

I want to thank you for being an example. While you seemed very old to me when I was little, (that perspective has changed, I assure you!) you were one of the those adults in my life that always had a smile and a kind word, and especially a listening ear!

You stand out to me as someone who is always cheerful. I remember reading a fairy tale once. It was about a lady who never stopped smiling, even when she was sleeping and things. I remember thinking at the time how absolutely impossible that was. But, I've changed my mind. You are that lady!

I love that you are always attentive. You never interrupt when someone is talking, and you always give your full and complete attention. It communicates that you love and care about the other person.

I will always be grateful to you for this wonderful example of a true Christian. Thank you!

In Christ,
Abigail D.

No comments:

Post a Comment