Memorize:

"But My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:19 (KJV)

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Letter of Gratitude

I met Mr. R. nearly five years ago. He's one of my favorite people. I consider him to be an epitome of a gentle, humble, and meek man. One who loves the Lord and loves the Lord's people.

Dear Mr. R.

I want to thank you for being such a wonderful example of a godly, Christian man. I love your example of love for the Lord, your wife, and others. It has been very meaningful to me. I appreciate so much your humble acknowledgement that you don't know everything. I can really tell that you hunger to learn more of Christ and His ways. While sometimes slow to speak, I love hearing you tell of what God has been teaching you.

I am grateful for the love you have shown to me as well. You always seek me out. You're a gentleman too! Almost always, even if you're sitting, you stand up to give me a hug. You're patient. You call me 'Missy,' and you tell thousands of wonderful stories that warm the cockles of my historian heart. I often consider myself to be one of your adoptive grandchildren.

Thank you so much. You're a wonderful guy!

In Christ,
Abigail D.

P.S. I think your wife is pretty amazing too. She has a such a sweet, loving demeanor, and is so very long-suffering. I only wish I could see her more often!

1 comment:

  1. Mr. R is awesome and I admire him as well. I'm sure he would be moved by this loving and lovely tribute.

    ReplyDelete