Memorize:

"But My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:19 (KJV)

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Perspective; Chapter 2: In Which I speak of my Travels Through New Mexico

New Mexico, where there are beautiful roadside yellow poppies scattered here and there.

New Mexico, where everything is flat, dry, dusty, and barren
(Picture stolen from Google) It's the pineapple palm from Arizona.

New Mexico, where the palm trees are two feet high and the flowers on the palm trees are an additional six or seven feet high. (it may have been a 'palm yucca.')

New Mexico, where I now see the beauty and charm of a mesa with my own eyes

New Mexico,  where there’s a small town by the highway. So small that it consists only of a single street highly advertised as ‘Main Street’ where there are 5 buildings all in a row with false fronts.

New Mexico, where the huge billboards are every 20 feet for several miles before the exit

New Mexico, where the traffic lights are placed horizontally on the poles. It made me feel distinctly that I was in a foreign place. (Frankly, I don’t think they’re as safe, because your eye is not always attracted to the light in directly in front of you, but more often towards the one two or three streets down.)

New Mexico, where there are bars on the windows and a general feeling of un-safeness in the real towns.

New Mexico, where the population is almost 100% Indian

New Mexico, where said population is highly obese. (I could pick out the tourists from this… And I’m not being racist, I’m just stating my observations :D)

New Mexico, where I didn’t get any pictures because it’s difficult to do at 63 mph. By the way, for the whole trip, with a few exceptions, we did cruise control at 63mph. :D

New Mexico, where I was never more glad to see the Texas border because I was not at all, (other than the 
mesas) impressed with New Mexico. I don’t think I would want to live there.

Also, I thought you’d all like to know that I, the adamant won’t-take-a-nap-er who has never taken a real nap in my life, took a nap almost every single day of my trip, and actually fell asleep too.

No comments:

Post a Comment