Memorize:

"But My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:19 (KJV)

Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Perspective; Chapter 3: In Which I add to That Which was Written

I knew I was forgetting something noteworthy regarding New Mexico. Very close to the Texas border, we began to see our first signs of extensive life, and smell it too.

New Mexico, where there are millions of cows in one single pen, (or two or three)

New Mexico, where said cows truly do seem to believe that the grass  (non-existent) is greener (or browner) on the other side of the fence.

It was absolutely hilarious to see hundreds of thousands of cows sticking their heads through the fence and trying to reach the ground to eat…(although, I’m pretty sure that’s the way they were supposed to eat since there were a couple of guys scatter hay on the outside…but, it was still funny)

See what I mean!? (Picture courtesy of Google Images)


Anyway, on to West Texas.

I had been told that Texas is a large state. I believe it. It took us nearly three full driving days to cross it. West Texas was almost as boring as New Mexico. There was a bit more greenery I think, but not enough to count for much. As we really got into it though, it did begin to get more interesting.

West Texas, where there are oil drills moving automatically up and down and up and down. They looked like robots. They also looked as though they had a boring job. Up and down and up and down. One couldn’t help but wondering if they would ever accomplish anything in their lives.

West Texas, where I first saw the famous bluebonnets. And now I know why it’s famous. Goodness, they’re beautiful. If I’m ever rich, they will be in my dream landscaping.

Side Note: Local citizens throughout the south often didn’t know what their wildflowers were. It was very sad. Texas had some yellow wildflowers fields of it, and New Mexico had some…pink? Ones, and Louisiana had pink ones and no one knew what they were.

We stayed in Fort Stockton the first night in Texas. It was there that we first met up with our sub-adventure. A thunderstorm. It was very very very cool. Up where I live, thunderstorms come maybe once every two years, they last for 10 minutes, and you may or may not see lightening.

It also hailed. Large, pea-size hail. That was pretty cool too. (Especially since we were inside and safe from getting hit.) It hailed for maybe 15 minutes and then the sun came out. We watched a stunning sunset, (I didn’t get a picture, but my grandparents did, but I don’t have it…yet  :D)

After the sun set, it began to storm. The lightening was purple! Up here it’s always kind of blue-ish. It was gorgeous. And there were great big claps of thunder and heavy rain. I loved it. And you’ll be hearing more about it later because this particular storm followed us, with greater and greater intensity, all the way to Mississippi!

So, there you have West Texas! See ya tomorra!

No comments:

Post a Comment