Memorize:

"But My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:19 (KJV)

Monday, January 2, 2012

Reviewing 2011

I have to say, this last year was one of many ups and downs for me.

I began the year as one of the most ultra-depressed persons that you have ever seen. Nearly six straight months of doing absolutely, positively nothing, every day, all day will do that for you. And I'm not exaggerating. I still get the willies when I think of the scathing, horrible letter I nearly sent to one of my good friends full of awful sweeping, usually false, statements about everything and everyone. I must say I am thankful I didn't send that letter! Early 2011 was filled with a time of listening to Satan's lies and deceptions.

This is not to say I didn't have plans! College, a job, working in ministry; it was all there. But, as the year went on, I gradually discovered that these plans were a large part of the problem. I absolutely refused to listen to what God wanted me to be doing. Hence the misery and depression. Amazingly, when I gave up my plans, God gave me His peace that passes all understanding. I have to say, it was and is one of the most wonderful things that has ever happened to me. If you aren't at peace with God, get there! (You can read more about my early year here at: http://servantofjoy.blogspot.com/2011/03/stories-of-my-life-peace-and-pieces.html)

Over the summer and fall, I had many opportunities to observe and ponder some godly Christians who have and are in my life. I am so blessed to know so many people. You can read about some of them in my Letters of Gratitude, beginning with: http://servantofjoy.blogspot.com/2011/10/letters-of-gratitude.html

Also in the summer, fall, and winter, I had the thrilling experience of observing my big brother become involved in a courtship. He is now engaged. You can read about it on my previous post.

Some specific abstract highlights from the year:

I've already mentioned God's wonderful peace.
Something I've been thinking about lately is the freedom to like and love others while disagreeing.
Another thing He's shown me this year is His un-ending faithfulness, mercy, and loyalty to me as "His child the Sinner" (my nickname for myself! :D)

I am so excited about everything He has in store for me this coming year. "The Lord bless thee, and keep thee: The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace." Numbers 6:24-26 (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment