Memorize:

"But My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:19 (KJV)

Friday, October 7, 2011

Letters of Gratitude

It's almost Thanksgiving. Ok, maybe not quite, but, almost! And since it's so close, I thought I'd do something a little different in the next few weeks leading up to it. It's kind of been on my mind for a while.

I'd like to honor the older people in my life who have made an impact or influenced me in a special way. Now, since I have to limit this list a bit, I'm not including my family because, well, they should know already how special and awesome they are to me! And, if you're not included, it's not because I don't love you. Really! I do! This list includes both single and married people who are all, I think, over 25. When I was little, most of these people were already adults, or at least my young perspective perceived them as such. (As I've gotten older, some of them have seemed to get a bit younger. Or something.) Oh, and you'll probably be seeing a theme. And I'll tell you by Thanksgiving or so the one particular manner in which all of these people have influenced me.

Anyway, today I'd like to write a letter of gratitude to one of my oldest and most treasured friends. Not that she's the oldest friend, just one of the friends I've had the longest. In fact, I usually count her as my first real friend.

Dear Laura Hdn.,

I love you so much! I often pray that God will bless you for blessing me. I know I was just a little kid when we first knew each other; and you were an adult already! I know under the circumstances that many would not have taken any notice of me. After all, you had your own friends. But you did reach out to me in such a special way and at a time when I really needed someone to care. You probably don't know that I had gone nearly 8 years or so without a friend.

I am so grateful an thankful for you, Laura! Our traditional very hard bear hug has stood me well. (Although if you're wondering why I haven't done it so well lately, it's because I accidentally cracked someone's rib once and I didn't want it to happen to you!) Over the years, you have always been there to give me one of those hugs whenever I need one. And now, although distance separates us, I can still imagine getting one from you and that cheers me up when I'm discouraged.

Laura, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for caring, for being there, for being a lasting friend. Thank you!

With sincere love and high regard in Christ,
A.A.D

No comments:

Post a Comment